Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments and commerce worldwide. Circle is the pioneer of the fastest growing fiat-currency backed stablecoin, USDC, which has a market cap of $500 million and more than $1 billion USDC issued in under a year's time. Circle was founded in 2013 and is backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (Airbnb, Stripe), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, Dublin and London.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce,” Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere.
Your team is responsible for:
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Circle, you’ll build out AWS managed services to meet growing worldwide customer base across multiple AWS regions. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Circle teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
- Automate configuration of AWS infrastructure using AWS APIs in scripting languages such as Python
- Design highly available and resilient cross-region infrastructure
- Plan and test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture
- Collaborate with the Security team to create and maintain security focused tools and frameworks
- Enthusiasm for the craft of software engineering and ability to collaborate across engineering groups to deliver and support Circle products
- See problems as opportunities for automation
- 4+ years experience as a AWS certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Expert with AWS services including IAM, VPC, Cloudwatch, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and ECS/EKS
- Practice Infrastructure as Code with either Cloudformation or Terraform
- Configuration management and automation experience with Ansible, Python, and Boto
- Experience with log aggregation systems like Splunk, ELK, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining monitoring and alerting capabilities using tools like Splunk, Kibana, Datadog, or Kinesis Analytics